This is a very fun event where the boys bring a baked cake to JH Castle and then decorate it. Parents are allowed to support the process, but the effort needs to be mostly from the scouts. Prizes are awarded for a variety of categories including these found below:
Best Cub Scout Theme
Best Scout History
Best Use of Decorations
Most Like a Birthday Cake
Best Use of Colors
Most Delicious Looking
Best Single Color
Best Use of Chocolate
Best use of Candy
Best Cake by a Lion
Best Cake by a Tiger
Best Cake by a Wolf
Best Cake by a Bear
Best Cake by a Webelos
● Cakes may not be store-bought.
● Cakes must be baked by a Cub Scout and his adult partner prior to arrival.
● Cake must be in the shape of the cake pan and un-decorated upon arrival.
● Scouts must decorate the cake on their own at the event with minimal adult partner help.
● Cakes should not have any names or den numbers on them. ID numbers will be issued.
● Every cub team must clean their kitchen when their cake is complete.
● A list of ingredients and a “cake name” should be provided on a 3×5 card.
● All scouts will leave the event with their own cake.
● Size limitation….. the cake must be able to be carried by the scout.
● Time: Scouts will have 30 minutes to decorate their cake.
Paoli Peaks is 2798 West County Road, Rt 25 South, Paoli, IN 47454.
The pack is paying for the scout and 1 parent. The rest will be $23.00 per person, and you can make your check payable to Pack 369.
You can bring snacks, lunch, and drinks, or they have a concession stand at the tubing hill. Click here for the tubing release form. Please fill it out and bring it with you on Saturday. The tubing parking lot is separate from the ski lodge.
From Evansville, IN – approx 90 miles
•Take I-64 E to SR 37 (Tell City-Exit 79) / IN-145
•Continue to follow IN-145 to French Lick
•Turn right onto Hwy 56 for 3 miles
•Turn right onto Hwy 150 E for 5 miles to edge of Paoli
•Turn right at Ski Resort sign and follow road to Paoli Peaks
The tubing is just down the road from the ski lodge.
First Christian Church Gym / Worship Center (Park in the back parking lot)
The Blue/Gold Ceremony is a celebration of a boy’s journey through Cub Scouts and the crossing over to Boy Scouts. The event will start with a meal and the ceremony following. Your den will be performing a skit during the proceedings. The Webelos I scouts will be receiving their Webelo Badge (if all requirements for the rank are met). The Webelos II (Arrow of Light) scouts will be receiving their Arrow of Light and then cross over the bridge to be received by a Boy Scout Troop. It’s an event all scouts are encouraged to attend.
First Christian Church Gym (Park in the back parking lot)
We are looking for new toys for boys and girls all ages.
Toys must not be any “weapon” like toys and no food/candy of any kind. If you donate a toy that takes batteries, please include batteries with the toy.
They do not have to be expensive, the kids who receive these will love it!
We will have a representative come to pick up the toys that evening.