9/4/14 Update: We are still needing someone to take over as Cubmaster when Woody leaves in January. Now is the time to learn as much as possible from him and make for a smooth transition .
We still also need someone to take over as Treasurer for Jay before he also leaves in January. He has everything very organized and could show you how to do it. Right now with popcorn getting ready to start would be a great time to learn!
Leaders, Event Chairs, Parent Help, Helpers with Popcorn are always very very welcome as well!
As many of you know that in February we will not have Woody as our Cubmaster anymore. You may not know that we will also be losing our Assistant Cubmaster, Treasurer, Popcorn Chairs, and Website Administrator.
That is a lot of positions that need to be filled!! Now is the perfect time to think about where you can help. If you would like to learn more about any of the positions below please email the Pack to be put in contact with the current person in charge, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you chose to take on one of these positions you will be able to talk with the current person in charge, shadow him or her, and learn all the ins and outs before February.
What is the Cubmaster? (NEED)
The Cubmaster is the main guy in charge to put it simply. This person makes sure the Pack is following all the BSA requirements like having Two Deep Leadership, Trained Leaders, Pack Activities, and happy Scouts! Here is a good write up talking about what all the Cubmaster does with a Pack. Here is another explanation of the role of Cubmaster.
What is an Assistant Cubmaster?
Having an Assistant Cubmaster can really help the Cubmaster to keep the Pack running smoothly. This person can fill in when needed as well. Go here to read a detailed description of this position.
What is the Treasurer’s role? (NEED)
The treasurer ensures the pack’s finances are sound. Specifically, the treasurer will:
- Help the pack committee and Cubmaster establish a sound financial program for the Pack with an annual Pack budget plan.
- Maintain a bank account in the Pack’s name and arrange for all transactions to be signed by any two of the following: Cubmaster, Pack committee chair, Assistant Cubmaster, or treasurer.
- Coordinate approval of all budget expenditures with the Cubmaster and Pack committee chair. Check all disbursements against budget allowances, and pay bills by check. The Pack committee chair should approve bills before payment.
- Assist the Cubmaster in collecting dues. Give receipts for these funds, and deposit the money in the bank account.
- Keep up-to-date financial records. Enter all income and expenditures under the proper budget item in the financial records. Maintain a coordinated recordkeeping system for the Pack.
- Report on the Pack’s financial condition at the monthly Committee meeting.
- Provide petty cash needed by leaders. Keep a record of expenditures. Reimburse leaders for Committee approved expenditures made on behalf of the Pack.
What does the Popcorn Chair do? (FILLED)
Is in the Chair of the Popcorn Committee
Attends council popcorn meetings
Orders all popcorn for show and sell
Organizes popcorn kickoffs
Collects order forms and money
Completes all final paper work for council
What does the Website Administrator do? (FILLED)
This person handles finding a host for the site (like GoDaddy, West Host, etc.). You also make sure the domain name is renewed. Both of these can be done for 2 years at a time or whatever you chose (the Committee can approve your suggestion and cost). The site content is all done through WordPress. It is basically a word processing site. You can log in from any computer, so you don’t have to worry about installing anything special on your own machine. Simply type text, add photos, etc. and “Publish”.